Monday, July 25, 2011

Play It Forward

Last night I attended a benefit concert for a program called Play It Forward. Their mission is to ensure each child in St. Louis is provided with the opportunity to discover his or her musical voice. Check out their site here http://www.playitforwardstl.org/


So, I was inspired to really help spread the word about their great organization. The announcer kept saying last night how simple the process was. They find instruments that no one is using and they give them to children who need them. Music is such a big part of my life and I know as a kid it was too. I had the opportunity to play an instrument in high school and was fortunate enough to be able to afford it. But some kids aren't. Let's help them to be able to play an instrument and let music influence their lives as much as it has mine.


This is Victory Blue. They donated their time and two guitars last night. 
Their an amazing band and a great group of guys. 

So, here you go my friends....here's my challenge. I know all or some of us were in band and if you weren't you know someone who was. You probably know someone who has a guitar in their basement that they haven't touched in years and have no intentions of fixing. Let's get some instruments together for this great cause. You can follow the link above to see how to donate or simply get them to me and I will take them for you. Please take the time to ask you friends and family....someone knows someone who has an instrument they can donate. 

Thanks for reading! Support this great organization
Brynn

No comments:

Post a Comment