Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Love of something so simple.

So it's been a while since I posted. And I need to get back into it because I really do enjoy it. So, I will share with you something that I have become completely obsessed with. Maybe slightly inspired by Georgia O'Keeffe, I find myself photographing almost every flower, leaf, tree and any other part of nature's beauty every time I come across them. 

In the 1920's O'Keeffe revolutionized flower painting by presenting them in large formats and often a closer view of the blossom as if you were looking through a magnifying lens. With her paintings she vividly portrayed the power and emotion of objects of nature. Many critics and scholars have talked about themes in O'Keeffe's work such as the cycles of birth, life, death and decay. Others saw the flowers as symbols of sexuality. Still others observed that she was incorporating photographic techniques such as cropping and close-ups, even before the technology of color film or large photographic blow-ups had been invented. I find O'Keeffe very inspirational and her work mesmerizing. 

Although, I am not trying to imitate her work by any means, I do think that this new obsession of mine has a resemblance of her work. Now, if I only I could become famous like her! :) I hope you enjoy. And I will try to post more for those of you who actually read this







Brynn

No comments:

Post a Comment