Monday, April 18, 2011

It's my right as a mother!

So, it's been almost a month since I have blogged. I've missed it a little, but I don't think anyone has missed me! But I felt the urge to post tonight.


You see....my oldest daughter, Jillian, is having her Tonsils and Adenoids removed tomorrow morning. And, well...I am nervous! But don't I have the right to be? I am her mother. Since I found out that she was going to have them out, I have received tons of support and prayers from everyone that everything will go okay. And I know it will. But I have also received comments towards me dramatizing the situation. Which I am not doing. 


For one thing, Jillian isn't keen on doctor's. My kids are rarely sick which means, we don't make visits to the doctor's office all that often. Mainly for shot updates. So, needless to say she gets a little freakish when we walk into the office. Example: Two mondays ago, when we went to our pediatrician, he wanted to do a strep test just to be sure. She saw the test kit come out and big alligator tears swelled up. She then told me after he left the room that his tried to choke her with that big Q-tip. Dramatic---YES!


Another thing, I am her mother. So, if I want to worry, I will. I will be strong for her and help her to be brave, but if I want to break down and have a good cry once she leaves the room or once she is back in the room and safe and sound, I WILL!! That's my right as a mother. If my child falls down and gets a scrape, I can react however I want. She's going into surgery tomorrow, so I can definitely seem concerned.


I appreciate the thoughts and prayers so much. I really do. But please don't judge why I handle the situation the way I do. 


Anyway, I know things will be fine tomorrow. Jillian is a trooper and I am definitely looking forward to her being back to a normal eating routine. The poor girl has lost almost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. :(  


Thanks for listening or reading or even browsing the first sentence and realizing you don't give a shit about my blog and clicking on the X to close the page! :)




Brynn

3 comments:

  1. Amen sister! I cried at Urgent Care one time just because Mady had an x-ray. There was nothing wrong, but it just broke my heart to see her so scared. I cant believe anyone would question a mother being scared or concerned. Who wouldnt be??? I understand that getting tonsils out my not be a "major" surgery, but it is still surgery and when it is your child undergoing it instead of you.....there is no way not to be at least a little worried even if you do know it will be fine. You do your thing Brynn and dont let anyone tell you otherwise! My thoughts and prayers are with you girls.
    Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jayme! I couldn't agree more. She is my baby and I have the right. I was the same with Karlee when she had blood work done, it killed me! I couldn't believe that people would give me grief either. Ridiculous! I am glad to know that other mothers feel the same way I do!! Love you Jayme. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. shame on anyone for giving you grief over this! you're a good mother and you worrying shows that. if you weren't nervous, then i'd wonder. ;)

    i'll pray that all goes well tomorrow, for both of you!

    ReplyDelete