Friday, January 7, 2011

Does the heart ever heal?

So, my blog for today is about heartache. Although, I may be the happiest I have ever been and life seems to be going in the direction in which I want it to go, I can't help but still feel a little ache deep in my heart. And I wonder....will it ever heal? Will that ever go away? I don't feel it every day but when I let my mind wander and the memories flood my brain, that little "knife jabbing heart" feeling rises back up stronger than before. 


See, I lost something in 2010 that I never in my life thought I would lose. NEVER....I can't express that enough. It literally killed me and although I have moved on and have found ways to cope with that never ending ache, I still think about it often enough to remind myself of the loss. I won't go into much detail because for a few of you, you have heard enough. This loss wasn't a death though, let's just make that clear. Although, I felt as if I had died when it all happened. 


It did make me reevaluate things in my life and realize the importance of having people around you who truly support you and love every step you make in your life. That definitely was one of my accomplishments for 2010. I guess an accomplishment I need to be concerned about for 2011 is finding a cure for that little ache that keeps coming back. 


For those of you who have stood beside me and helped me through it....I owe you more than I will ever be able to give you. 


So now that you are a little ho-hum after all that....keep in mind, my chin is still up, eyes wide open and a grin on my face from ear to ear. This is my year! Can't take that away from me! 


With Love! 







3 comments:

  1. I don't think the heart ever truly heals from pain that deep. Shoot, my heart hasn't healed completely from heartache 6+ years ago, let alone pain from last year. But, you're a strong girl and you've got a lot going for you. As time goes on, it'll hurt less and less often. Especially as you enjoy this year to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! :) I appreciate the support. I know you have been through some rough times. And it's good to know someone has the same feelings I do. :)

    Let me tell you though, reconnecting with you definitely lessens the pain. Makes me smile! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, Brynn! Definitely makes me happy to reconnect!

    ReplyDelete