Sunday, January 30, 2011

More than a push of a button.

There are always two people in every picture:  the photographer and the viewer.  
~Ansel Adams

When you are looking at a photograph, do you ever stop to think about it? Or do you just say, "That's pretty" and move on. Do you consider the photographer who captured the image? Do you imagine them standing there taking the picture? What's the purpose behind the image? Does it make you feel a certain way? 

I have heard many times that photography is an easy art. That anyone can push a button and take a picture. Last night, while sitting around having drinks with friends this topic came up. I had no idea how defensive and heated I would get when it was said that a photograph can't compare to a oil painting, sculpture or drawing. Being the person behind the camera, I know what it's like to capture something that captures you. Photography is such a passion of mine and I love sharing my passion with you! 








I agree with Ansel Adams. There are two people in the picture. Which in this world of variable ways to communicate...it's just another option.

Brynn

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you!! My peeve is when people say to me: 'Your camera takes good pictures.' Well... it doesn't hurt, that's for sure. But it's not the only one doing the work. Favorite quote: "An amateur concerns himself with gear. A pro concerns himself with money. A master concerns himself with light."

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. REALLY love the shadows picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I love that quote!!! :) Thanks Allison!! I agree with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i couldn't agree more brynn! as a passion of mine as well, i know it goes far beyond a click of the button.

    ReplyDelete