Saturday, January 15, 2011

Never a DULL moment!

I emphasize DULL as I found my youngest, Karlee, had cut her hair this evening. 


This is how it went down! 

Me: Karlee what happened to your hair? 
Karlee: What are you talking about mommy?
Me: Karlee, this chunk of your hair is shorter than the rest. Did you cut your hair?
Karlee: No mommy, I didn't do anything.
Me: Then how did it get shorter? Did it get cut at school the other day?
Karlee: No mommy. Don't blame my friends. (tears starting to form at this point)
Me: Then who should I blame because I know your hair wasn't like this. How did this happen?
Karlee: (Places head on my shoulder) IT WAS ME! I AM SORRY! (Tears really rolling at this point)
Me: When did you do it?
Karlee: I was cutting open my gogurt and wanted to see what it would be like to cut my hair.
Me: Do you think that was a smart thing to do?
Karlee: No, I can't believe I did it. I am sorry. I will never do it again. (Head still on my shoulder)
Me: Thanks for telling me the truth but I am disappointed. 
Karlee: So am I. It wasn't as cool as I thought it would be. And now my bangs are in my face.
Me: (Chuckling at this point and trying not to let her see)

So, this evening after her bath, her bangs were really driving her crazy. She had to resort to a clippy to hold them back out of her face. I love it. I am impressed that it took us this long to experience this situation. This is Karlee we are talking about. 

Seriously, never a DULL moment in this life and I love it. 

:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment